Sunday, April 5, 2009

the end of one thing...


About a week ago, COAT ended. (COAT is NMSI's missionary development program...my job for the past six months has been to sort of co-lead it two times, especially the people part.) I'd have to say it has been a challenge and a huge learning opportunity...with no shortage of fun times, rest assured. The guy responsible for me this whole time was Matt (see photo), but most of the time I just called him "boss" (which most people attribute to my urban roots) and I probably will for a while. Anyway, COAT has given me a lot of insight into group dynamics, tough love, and failing well. So, this past week has comprised the end of one thing...
...and the beginning of another, namely, transition. We filled up our mini white board with ideas on what to pack and where and when to pack it. From here we move out of our little apartment in Fort Myers and drive and/or fly to a few select states: Virginia, NJ, NY, California and Colorado, for visits, support raising, training and weddings (in no particular order). I think we're both ready for this, or at least as ready as we can be.

-Dan

No comments: