Friday, April 17, 2009

packing, parents, and leaving

our house is a wreck. it has been in a state of transition for over a week now. and in that week so much has happened.
first dan and i packed up all the things that we can live without for the next 3 weeks so that my parents could drive it to their house in VA where it will be stored or gone through again before we leave for zim.
second my parents came to visit last thursday - Easter sunday. and dan's parent's came friday to sunday. we have never hosted our parents so to host both of them at the same time was exciting. we had a good weekend full of the joys of the great FL outdoors.
we are now in our last 5 days of living in ft myers. this has been my home for the past 5 years and on wednesday all of my things will be packed up and will leave with me. moving has always been part of my life so on one hand it feels normal. and it is terrible. i guess because i am more mature each time and my relationships are a little deeper that leaving continues to get harder. i really like working here. i really love the people i work with. and while i know that we will continue to be close friends i also know that that friendship will be very different. watching children grow up through pictures is bittersweet. this past wednesday our office devotion time was focused on remembering times with me or dan. we made a time line of memories on the board and various people shared memoried with us. it was beautiful. and funny.
-mary

1 comment:

Grete said...

I'll be thinking of you. We get to see you soon, right?