Tuesday, May 11, 2010

blessings

being pregnant far from friends, family, and the familiar has had it's challenges. one of these is trying to find things for me or this coming baby. maternity clothes have proven quite difficult to find. but lately God, being perfect, has supplied for my needs just in time. until last week i was still able to fit into my normal trousers (pants- but i am training myself in this new vocabulary because pants mean something else here and it is awkward to talk about in public). my friend misty had sent me two pairs of trousers but since it is getting warm in the states all she could find to send me were short or thin and short-sleeved tops. and God knew that while these were helpful it is getting cooler and cooler here and i would need something to keep me a bit warmer. so a lady from my bible study showed up with two bags of maternity clothes from her daughters- thankfully mostly long trousers and long sleeved tops! wow. i hadn't even shared my need and God was providing for me.
last week we also received news that we were receiving a cloth diaper grant from Cotton Babies. they are providing us with half of the cloth diapers we will need! it is such a gift from the Lord to have things supplied and we just praise Him for His generosity towards us.

-m

4 comments:

MS said...

We got the Cotton Babies grant too!!!! That is just the coolest. I also concur with the need for clothes that fit. It changed my whole attitude when I put on 'trousers' that didn't feel like they were squeezing me to death. Bless the Lord for knowing our hidden hearts. Megan S.

Erika said...

what's this cotton babies grant? very cool!

Erika said...

oh, nevermind. i googled cotton babies grant. cool that they do that! i'll have to buy some cloth diapers from them to support such a great business :)

Kayla said...

I didn't know you got a grant from them. How awesome! Cotton Babies is a great company. I met with your mom today to go over some cloth diapering logistics :) I can't wait to see pictures of your little girl in her cloth diapers...nothing is cuter than a fluffy baby butt!