Monday, April 5, 2010

maneta here?

that means "are you tired?" to which i always respond, "ndaneta (i'm tired)". this most often happens at church after i have stood to try to sing and sat back down 6 times, sat through a sermon constantly changing positions on my hard chair, and getting through about half of the line of people to shake my hand after church. (everyone shakes everyone's hand forming a big circle as we end church- about 200 people.)
this sunday, i got the same question and after i answered the lady asked if something was wrong. i replied no, just tired. then she asked, "is it the stomach? because it is getting bigger?" and i said yes, it is the stomach getting bigger. :) only a few people openly talk about my pregnancy at church- the rest just comment on my stomach getting bigger.
we did get to share with our close friends that we are having a GIRL and we got lots of smiles, hollers, and high fives. :)

-m

1 comment:

MS said...

Three cheers for girls!!! I bought a comfy chair on eBay France so I could actually sit comfortably in our dorm 'apartment', which came with lots of uncomfortable furniture. I am still uncomfortable but that's just because I'm 28 weeks pregnant. Nothin' for it. It's better with the chair. Big hugs and kisses to your 'stomach' and you!