Tuesday, November 3, 2009

friendship

i have been recently challenged to think about friendship in new ways. i have spent the last two months realizing that i am a bit lonely because i do not have friendships here in zim like i have had in the past. and if you know me well you know that friendships are very important to me- so when i say i was challenged i mean CHALLENGED! my lovely friend kylee told me that she thinks i might have to let my ways of making friends and even thinking about friendships die in order to make friends and have friends in zim. i thought about this for a day and a half and then found myself in church listening to a man tell us that we may have to be willing to give up a gifting that God has given us for His glory. we may have to be ready to lay down what we know is “easy” to depend on Him and bring Him the glory for what we actually do. all i could think about was my way of friendship. i have seen it as a gift from God for awhile so it fit this man’s point very well.

i don’t really know what it means to let my ways die. and i don’t know what these new ways will look like. but i do know that i want God to be glorified in my life. i know that i want to love Him more than i love my friends and more than i love myself.

-m

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Mary - you amaze me with the genuine humility and honesty with which you live your life for Jesus. I am so blessed that you are keeping a blog, so here in Virginia we can have a glimpse of your life there :) I will be praying that Jesus gives you great love and strength and he takes you to deeper places of surrendering to him... reading your post is a challenge for me to do the same in my life, as I learn to love Him more than anything else. it is such a blessing to know that his kingdom is truly coming in all parts of our world and that one day all of those great friends will one day rejoice together. Love you both dearly, miss you, and are praying for God to be glorified in you (and in us). enjoy the journey :) Love in Jesus, Abigail